You can build your author platform,
launch a book, and sell more copies
even if you don't have a Publicist...
All in 20 minutes a day.
Are you an author or aspiring author who cares about your book and wants to see it make a difference?
Do you love writing, but find the whole prospect of marketing your book overwhelming and confusing? You may have spent hours researching online, but still feel totally unclear about what exactly you need to do to launch and market your book.
You might even be hoping that once your book is written, your work is complete and sales will flood in.
Unfortunately, that’s not likely to happen . . . without a little help.
Every year, almost 1,000,000 new books are published in the United States alone, and most of them never sell more than 250 copies in their first year.
But what if you had a way to cut through the noise and actually sell your book and reach the exact people you wrote it for?
- If you want to focus the majority of your time on your craft and minimum time on book marketing (how does 20 minutes a day sound?) . . .
- If you know your book could make a difference, if only you could reach the right audiences . . .
- If you are motivated and ready to take charge of your book marketing, and quit wasting time trying to figure the whole thing out . . .
You need a proven, step-by-step guide that will tell you exactly how to market your book, and what to do when.
Once you have the right system, all of this is possible.
With a well-executed book marketing strategy, you can enjoy the credibility and profits that you receive from being a truly successful author. Maybe you’d like to:
- Sell enough books to fund your writing, and then some. Do you dream of retiring from your profession and focusing solely on your writing? Or perhaps you want your book to supplement your work and help you grow in your career? A successful book launch and marketing strategy is the only way to get there.
- Truly make an impact with the people who want and need your book. Let’s face it, you may know the exact audience that needs your book, but have no idea how to reach them. With a proven, step-by-step guide, you can learn how to find these audiences, connect with them, and inspire them to buy your books and engage with you.
- Boost your core business and author platform. Many authors have goals beyond just selling books—and you probably do too. Are you interested in becoming an authority in your field, getting invited to speak and teach about the material in your book? Are you trying to boost your core business by publishing a book? With properly executed book marketing, your book can be your best tool for achieving your biggest goals.
- Feel proud to show your book to the world. Writing a book is a long and tedious process, and you may have second-guessed yourself. Or perhaps your colleagues, employees, spouse, family, and friends humored you as you wrote your book, but never really expected it to go anywhere. No matter what you endured while writing your book, you can proudly show your book and its success to the world with a well-executed book launch and strategy.
- Set the stage for your next book launch or future writing projects to be an even bigger success. If you are self-published, increase the chances that your book will get picked up by a publisher. Publishers want to see that their authors have an audience that they can effectively market to. If you have a publisher, set yourself up for future deals that pay you more profit and give you more control over your books. Regardless of where you are now, once you have created and built a successful author platform, you will be able to launch more books to greater audiences that trust you and your work in the future.
In today's saturated market,
a strong book launch and marketing strategy
is the only way to effectively to share your book with the world.
Unfortunately . . .
There is so much information about book marketing on the internet, but nothing that gives you the exact, concrete steps to take.
This leaves you stuck—and you’re not alone.
The top 4 things authors get stuck on
Are any of these holding you back?
- Long-term marketing strategy: You may know how to create some excitement when the book actually launches, but what about 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 months before launch? What about 6 months after? How do you build up momentum and keep it going?
- Conflicting messages about social media: You’ve created a Facebook group, an email list, and a Twitter account, but nothing is really resulting in sales. It’s not your fault—although so many articles want us to think that simply posting on these platforms can bring big success, they don’t do much on their own, but only when used as part of a proven system (that we’ve tested and perfected over 6 years).
- Tech overwhelm: Do you need a website? Just a one-pager? How about a store on your website? There are so many types of websites out there . . . how do you figure out which type will best serve your book and how to actually create it (without being a tech whiz)?
- Reaching the right people: You know that there are so many people out there who would want to read your book . . . but have no idea how to reach them.
Hi, I’m Becky.
You might be wondering how I became a professional book marketer. After taking a break from my career to stay home with my three young daughters eight years ago, I dove into social media marketing as a novice, learning while testing my skills during a series of freelance projects.
One of my early projects included crafting a plan to leverage social media marketing on behalf of a business book author.
That first book launch in 2011 gave me insights into what works, what doesn’t work, key timing for various activities, and best practices. It also ignited my passion for book marketing, especially for seeing the joy and gratification authors receive when their books come alive.
I founded my company, Weaving Influence, in 2011, to support author; and have since, with the help of my team, successfully launched over 100 books and helped authors just like you:
- increase their sales by 10x,
- use the momentum from their book launch to get speaking gigs that pay tens of thousands of dollars,
- get hosted on podcasts and interviewed for articles in top publications (including the NY Times and Forbes),
- land regular columns in Inc., Entrepreneur, Fast Company, and other media destinations, organize sold-out local events, and build thriving communities around their work.
We’ve helped non-fiction, business, self-help, religious, fiction, and even children’s book authors connect to their ideal audiences, and now we’re ready to help you do the same.
Why start from scratch inventing a marketing plan, when you can implement our proven process (especially when you only get one shot at launching your new book)?
I want to share our secrets because, in meeting hundreds of authors over the years, I’ve seen your pain, confusion, lack of information, and the disappointment you face—AND I’ve seen the immediate relief, support, and encouragement you find when you have a trusted guide who wants to see you succeed.
Here are a few things I want you to know.
You can spend way less than you think . . . if you spend it on the right things. Though many authors invest thousands of dollars in marketing and publicity, and countless hours trying to make it all work, many of them miss the most important component of a successful book launch campaign—showing up. The Book Marketing Action Guide will tell you exactly how and when to show up and engage with your audiences to have the biggest impact in reaching readers and selling books.
Just 20 minutes a day can make a major difference. A small amount of effort, repeated consistently, WILL create results. When you strategically focus your efforts, your results will soar.
You’ll get results 10x faster if you skip straight to execution. Why reinvent the wheel in creating marketing plans? We’ve provided plans, checklists, and information all in one place. Skip the step of creating a plan, dive straight into executing according to our outlined process, and you’ll get more done, faster.
Over the years, my team and I have spent countless hours testing and re-testing our methods, and have figured out a comprehensive strategy that any author can use to launch their book successfully. With our tested and proven book marketing strategy, you can:
- Market your book yourself (yes, including media relations and outreach, building a list, social media, and even booking local and speaking events) in as little as 20 minutes a day.
- See the book that you worked so hard to create reach the right audiences and actually change lives.
- Sell WAY more than the average 250 books per year (at least enough to cover your time and expenses, and then some).
- Leverage your current book launch to get offers from publishers to re-release your book, or get offered future book deals.
- Build amazing community around the ideas in your book and set the stage for future opportunities.
And we've now packaged that into an
easy-to-use online course for you.
The Book Marketing Action Guide
The Book Marketing Action Guide is a comprehensive 4-phase course that is designed to help authors build their platforms, launch or re-launch their books, and get their books to the audiences they were written for.
“Becky and her team have been invaluable to my book launch process. From how to create a book website that really sells to mobilizing networks to gaining media coverage, Weaving Influence really knows their stuff. I could never have assembled such a talented array of specialists to support my book—and me—in this important phase. It’s not only their expertise, but their good hearts, that makes it a joy to work with Weaving Influence. I feel equipped, excited and supported thanks to their organized and systematic book marketing plan.” ~Shelly L. Francis, author of The Courage Way
We’ve taken all of our knowledge from six years of book launches and packaged it into an easy-to-follow course for authors of all types.
In the Book Marketing Action Guide, we walk you step-by-step through the four phases of a book launch: building, working, launching, and advancing. For a one-time investment, you’ll get access to our comprehensive system that will teach you how to make this book launch wildly successful, setting the stage for your future as an author.
Our book launch system includes detailed steps for each of the four phases:
Start with our author platform-building strategy.
- Beat the tech overwhelm with step-by-step instructions for creating your home online (your website).
- Start building your online following (even if you’re starting from scratch) so that when your book launches, you have people waiting to buy.
- Pitch guest posts to top blogs in your field—and learn the winning formula for a guest post that sells books.
- Build a launch team of supporters that are ready and excited to promote your book.
Time to kick into action . . .
- Start sending email marketing to build community and drive pre-orders. We provide you with the exact email templates and timing guidelines we use with our clients.
- Use our DIY PR system to land interviews in news articles, podcasts, and blogs (one of the biggest ways to grow your list).
- Optimize your Amazon author profiles and choose your book categories wisely so that you have the best chance of getting a high ranking during your launch week.
- Start planning your online and in-person events that will sell books AND build your reputation.
Your book launch week is here!
- Get exposure to massive audiences when your launch team shares about your book with their networks.
- Email your list with specific asks—this will ensure they actually buy the book instead of just thinking about it!
- Learn how to land a minimum of 10 guest blogging spots for your launch week (bringing in readers from wide audiences who are looking for books like yours).
- Leverage your social media presence to drive sales (without posting a million times or begging for buys).
- Enjoy the satisfaction of seeing your book sales roll in and knowing that your words are reaching the world!
Your book launch is over—but your book’s reach definitely is not!
- Continue to grow and market to your email list to keep selling books and set the stage for future launches.
- Learn how to turn your book into a long-term asset for your business or brand.
- Leverage your book to get free or paid speaking engagements, new business, and additional writing opportunities.
- Set the stage for your next book, writing, or business venture with our proven system for maintaining long-term marketing momentum.
When you sign up for the Book Marketing Action Guide, here’s what you get:
- A tested and proven method for launching your book using our 4-phase book launch system.
- A community of authors and marketers that you can learn from and share with.
- Step-by-step videos, actionable and downloadable resources, and interactive checklists for each phase of your book launch.
- A beautiful paperback print copy of the resources in the course mailed to your doorstep.
- The Your Book Deserves a Celebration e-book, a party-ready guide for celebrating your book launch in style.
Here's what authors have to say about our processes.
“Becky Robinson and the Weaving Influence team are amazing. My platform has increased dramatically since we started working together. I’ve recommended them to every author I know.”
– Mark Miller, VP of Leadership Development at Chick-fil-A and author of 7 books, including the forthcoming Talent Magnet, releasing on February 27th, 2018
“Weaving Influence was the perfect partner in launching my first book and helping me focus on my marketing and public relations efforts. I have succeeded in leveraging my existing relationships and networks and building new and productive ones around my book’s central message. I have been thrilled to experience the results of how much engagement my book has received. Most significantly, my core business continues to grow with my book serving as a key credibility-builder moving forward!”
– Paul Larsen, author of Find Your Voice as a Leader
“I had very little social media presence and chose Weaving Influence to support me with my book launch of OASIS Conversations. I believe they know how to reach Leadership and HR executives with purposeful messages. They supported me in having a successful launch. They know what they are doing and I have continued to build my social media presence using the tools and processes they teach.
– Ann Van Eron, Ph.D., MCC, author of OASIS Conversations: Leading with an Open Mindset to Maximize Potential
A few examples of what you will learn . . .
- Stay on track: Your interactive checklists will keep you on track throughout the course.
- Connect with the right media contacts: We’ll show you how to strategically connect with the right media contacts in your genre or industry (without using a PR firm or publicist).
- Use the power of bloggers: We’ll show you how to strategically connect with the right bloggers, who can then connect you to thousands of new readers.
- Create a website that sells: We’ll show you how to create an effective book website, without complicated coding and spending thousands on designers and developers. We’ll also give you our exact template that we use to coach clients about effective book marketing website copy.
- Headache-free social media: We’ll tell you about the simple tools (most of them free) that you can use to automate your social media posting, while teaching you how and when you need to show up in person to engage with your audiences (this is something most authors miss the boat on!).
- How to easily create beautiful graphics and social posts for others to share (even if you have zero design experience). Graphics perform better than text and are an awesome way to showcase your words!
All of that still doesn’t include the ultimate value you will receive:
the tools to make your dream
of being a successful author
And if you’re wondering if your investment will pay back . . .
Consider this: you spent months, years, maybe even decades crafting your book. How much is that time worth to you? Its invaluable—because it led to your book, the culmination of your dreams and passions as a writer.
Time and money invested in marketing your book will ensure that your hard work and passion pays off, and that the people who you wrote the book for will truly benefit from it.
Ready to make your book a success? Sign up today.
“I came to Weaving Influence shortly before my second book launch will the goals of gaining media traction for my book and boosting my author platform to drive sales and interest in my core business. I was thrilled with the results! Weaving Influence’s methods are solid–they were able to help me accomplish my major goals and then some in a relatively short time because they truly understand how book marketing works and how to help different types of authors succeed.”
– Scott Mautz, author of Find the Fire